This is where I update what I am currenly working in real time. Why?
- If I die suddenly I hope this information will help the next person to pick up where I left off.
- I really wished I had a wiki when I founded and produced the Southern Shakespeare Festival.
- Who knows maybe EDUIT will happen and this will sever as a blueprint on how it was done.
- If it doesnt I can write a book and lament on why and where I went wrong... or someone else can.
The old site is located here. A lot of the information hasn't been tansferred. Anyway, Eduit to me is a like a game... can little old rice farmer in Japan pull it together and make it happen...?
- Articles & Bylaw Changes
- ID affiliate partner and move site to a dedicated server.
- powerpoint presentation
- Start drafting feasibility study questions & build list.
- Identify K12 initiative "champion"
- Assemble Strategic Partners.
- Eduit's back office.
mjt 15:17, 7 June 2007 (UTC): Russell M. Clark -- EDUIT, Board interim President. Replacing Alan Guinn who resigned his nomination earlier this week. Made connection with UNESCO.
mjt 11:17, 4 June 2007 (UTC): Fired of email to /mark newlyn & wheaton South Africa. They have Free text book program and would be an opportunty to involve them. Introduced us to Google--the goes is to just put us on the radar without any expectations. Sent introduction to EDUIT Grants team! Fired off an email to Rich at CNX.org -- tying up loose ends. Asked Avi to take the lead in the dev of the EDUIT.org new website. Sent intro email to venezuela dep of edu.
mjt 14:35, 1 June 2007 (UTC): Left Clyde a message. Chatted with EDUCAUSE president Brian Hawkins, will present an EDUIT proposal to this executive committee DUE DATE: June 10. Heather has identifed identified some major NSF grants.
mjt 12:15, 31 May 2007 (UTC): Building a lot of collaterals: gov intorduction letter], 2-year budget, High Level Design Doc, Stakeholder letter, The dev team has set a goal to ask for $10m in grant funding, so realistically we aim to secure $2-3m. When we have $1m in grants proposed sent out we will start on securing GEMs. Nailed down the actual project: The Tool. The Community, and The Experience. Sent an update to clyde.
mjt 10:43, 29 May 2007 (UTC): Working with Heather on grants. She has really taken the bull by the horns! Drafted some international collaterals to use with securing Indian Government support. Figured Id try out a version on a CEO, /ted levine with dc-intl.com
mjt 12:41, 24 May 2007 (UTC):Danial Greenberg, to take EDUIT Lead Architect role for the Experience. He will replace the role Education Arcade and Fabelvision were going to play. Accomplished the following:
- Martine -- /UK Angil -- objective membership association partner. organize the 2009 fall GEM Conference.
- Met with the EDUIT dev leaders Mani, Avi. Obj: build loyalty and to motivate and to clarify objectives. Introduced Brian.
- Chatted with Brian about stepping up. We need to get a realistic budget together.
mjt 12:30, 23 May 2007 (UTC): Fablevision and Education Arcade bows out. A little disapointing... though not suprising. proabably a good thing from our meeting it was obvious he has a different vision for education and gaming than I do. And wasnt overly optomistic in obtaining funding for play-learning enviroments, which I question. The good thing is no gives me more juice to succeed then yes', because all of a sudden I want to drive home a point and say... that was one decsion you always remember.
mjt 17:07, 21 May 2007 (UTC) Tom DiFiore, President of NCDS joins the EDUIT Advisory Board. NCDS will be employed to conduct feasibility study and subsequent US KICK-OFF campaign. The goal is to also utilize them in the international campaigns that will result from the successful US drive. EDUIT Software teams have started working on the oss blueprints: *Mani@eduit Team is working on the VLC media player
- Avi@eduit Team will be working on the portal architecture.
- Ravi@eduit Team is developing the Campaign Management System Eduit will utilize in its international campaigns
- EDUIT secured EDUITu.com / info this will be the portal for learning.
mjt 02:59, 20 May 2007 (UTC): /EDUIT.COM becomes a strategic partner. We want to explore positioning them as our for profit venue and work togther on getting some of their projects funded in collaberation with us. This will give us legs and a track record and something we cant immeadiately start on.
- Fired off an email to /Bronx Science HS -- i want them to mindmap the their science and math curriculum and to videotape their math and science classes over the next 2 years. well use this content and lectures in wikitube.
- Talking to /Vivek Kumar he also want to create a tool that will allow video transcription into different languages and add subtitles.
mjt 14:42, 17 May 2007 (UTC): Organizing the TOOL developers, set meeting for this saturday and next (EST) Sunday for me. Sent email off to Curriki they have some good partners and makes sence to align with them if at all possible.
mjt 15:49, 14 May 2007 (UTC): worked on the strategic plan. purchased wikitube.info in order to allow us to provide information about wikitube application.
mjt 10:02, 13 May 2007 (UTC): Sent out teasers to producer and to talent agents (IMDb-pro). The goal is to get people looking at the video and to explore the possibility of securing a group interested in doing a documentary in what we are doing and the possibility of getting an agent to promote what we are doing. Both long shots but its worth the try--they payout could be huge for EDUIT. Worked on the EDUIT strategic plan?
mjt 00:35, 13 May 2007 (UTC): Added 2 more software developers. Asked brian to set up wikitube back office. set up accounts in gforce, mindmeiter, uploaded gvideo of presentation of ppt. Worked on improving ppt. /Sent Hans Si with eduit.com the presentation and ppt.
mjt 15:42, 9 May 2007 (UTC): Met with rmith and got him up todate. Asked him to chat with Warren about wikitube.com being transfered to EDUIT for a two year window to get it up. Talke to Denise Easton with  about utilizing her space off peek for strategic partner presenations. Secured, /Nayaasolft as wikitube strategic partner. Chatted with /MIT medical *vivek and braken about collaberating projects--he will shoot me an email.
mjt 21:19, 8 May 2007 (UTC): A lots happened:
- Added a google calendar for EDUIT.
- Created new collateral piece: The Big Picture
- We have had a big response from GURU posts. I will be interviewing
- Wikitube project managers and
- Grant writers.
- (my first goof-up...or maybe ego clashing?)I rubbed Educause president the wrong way. Not sure why. but apparently, he thought I was making a end-run on Educause... live and learn. From now on Alan will be responsble for dealing with large institutional strategic partners prospects. Its funny, my instict was to have Alan follow-up, and even told him too -- but, I goofed up by trying to speed up the process. Im sure it wont be the last time I mess up! In hindsight...maybe it s a good things EDUIT is TOO US centric ATM... I need to identify a European/Asain group to its champion.
- Prosponed my meeting with Ourmdeia.org to Friday 11 6am JP time -- 2pm PST
- I met with Fukuchi Kentaro until 2am this morning. He's what I call the Jeff Han of Japan -- great guy and completely onboard. Works with many Multi-touch technology and will be an in-road to JP tech companies (sony, NEC etc...). He's going to work on the feasibility of TTs and on the Wikitube component.
- Gary with internet2 and who is associated with (Educause), asked him to be our ambassador in helping to get Educause to take is on as inkind initiative.
- Edited Alans ML proposal and asked him to follow up with Educause. I think hes better suited to do so because of this background in edu and similar ages.
- Send emails out to ETC
mjt 05:40, 3 May 2007 (UTC): Yesterday I spent ~6hrs on the PPT and some time on the EDUIT strategic vision. I fired off /replay email to Kentarou Fukuchi inviting him to become our CTO for TT Dev. Added his information to Eduit. /Connected with TVworldwide.com -- I want them to be part of the Eduit Media Archive. Sent another email off to MERL. Fired off an update to Joy Costa with /Wolfram Group.
mjt 17:12, 1 May 2007 (UTC): Set Skype appointment with Education Arcade for May 8 (8am 9pm JP time) and fired off an email to wikipedia:educause about alligning Eduit as a initiative. Left message with Dave Gardy with wikipedia:tvworldwide. He may be ourglobal link to EDUIT MEDIA ARCHIVE. Did NSF research. THIS is a possible funding avenue. Funding Abstacks.
mjt 02:50, 30 April 2007 (UTC): Replied to adam bouge and paul dietz with merl (mittubishi Electronic Labs) email. I want to find out the feasibility of TTs and whether someone like MERL would work on the idea. Secured /Ernest Adams on the Eduit Advisery board.
mjt 11:29, 29 April 2007 (UTC): Sent email out to verious multitouch screen groups, with the goal of securing on on board as our "expert". Also, fired an email to adam bouge and paul dietz with merl (mittubishi Electronic Labs).
mjt 16:07, 21 April 2007 (UTC): worked on agenda and K12 Online prospected. Followed up with emails and put a call into Jacqueline A. Nunn, Ed.D., Director of The Center for Technology in Education sent an into email
mjt 17:46, 20 April 2007 (UTC) : Back from a six month sabbatical of playing games. Secured fablevision and Education Arcade as strategic partners. Will be having some conference calls with them. They will be assisting in the project management side and in putting together the numbers for the project. Send email to /walter AT olpc, /Mr. Mohamad Al-Arief; /Ernest Adams; /Eric Klopfer and /Paul Reynolds also, been in discusions with /East West World Holdings, Inc.
H0riz0n 18:42, 25 October 2006 (PDT): Decided that EDUIT is ready to initiate a dev. sponsor campaign. I think we are far along that we can start soliciting dev. sponsors. We should target gaming industry folks.
H0riz0n 06:38, 25 October 2006 (PDT); Working on the game design docs in mindjet. Sent email to Webzen Korean game developers. Did gaming developers research. Secheduled a meeting to Straybullet Games.
H0riz0n 05:45, 11 October 2006 (PDT): Following up with leads and getting the Eduit.org domain.
H0riz0n 08:52, 1 October 2006 (PDT): initiated correspondence with K12.com and EDUIT.com. Game developer. Also, been working on the research FS budget. Spent 2hrs chatting with Rav about the K12 mock up, etc... re-worked the phases, board and managment, added fundraising details on the process we will take.
- H0riz0n 16:45, 27 September 2006 (PDT):Added some video's to google 1, 2, regarding K12. Secured Alan Guinn's to come on board as a partner and to handle the strategic initiative side. Conversation with CEO Dan Carter update.
mjt 10:23, 24 September 2006 (UTC): Working to move pages to wikia. Secured a server. Secured 501c3 EDUIT inc, Will host webpage etc on the server.
H0riz0n 16:19, 19 September 2006 (PDT): New volunteer project manager John Cybulski joins the K12 initiative. Initiated conversation with Creative Commons.
- H0riz0n 17:47, 18 September 2006 (PDT): Secured a Indian SD firm to build the blue prints. Chatted with Wolfram Research will get them a detailed proposal by the end of the year and they will send NKS explorer for me to review. /Sent email to Deline with MS. Emailed Ernest Adams . Also, we may want to contact Ernest Adams
H0riz0n 19:44, 15 September 2006 (PDT): Started talking with software companies to put together a projected cost for the project. Did send email to Janet Hinkle SSF board member. Made some calls didnt get through. Set up google calandar will start utilizing it. Played around with pod casting a bit. Chatted with Leigh about education. Set up google calandar, Set up K12 presence. Will also set up wikia pages. and move all the work there.
H0riz0n 07:50, 14 September 2006 (PDT): Waisted a lot of typing with cnx. And got no where. Set appointment with WR and Made contact with CC. Discoved an other K-12 project open university. Looks lame.
- H0riz0n 19:51, 13 September 2006 (PDT): Chatted with Intentional Software--wants K12 update in 2 months. Secured another Advisor. Secured www.k12.info as a redirect for the feasibility study.
H0riz0n 07:36, 13 September 2006 (PDT): Left abunch of messages for peeps...Highlight did get to speak with the Danny with the wikimedia foundation.
- H0riz0n 22:41, 12 September 2006 (PDT): Fired off a some emails to TED. Watched TED 2006. Got a different opion on Jimmy Wales. Realized my opionion was clouded by media. Need to get in touch with him. Set meeting tomorrow morning with Magnus at Intenstional Solutions.
H0riz0n 15:26, 12 September 2006 (PDT): Determined the OS wiki platform for K12--connections. Have a meeting to talk with Clyde. Will call him at his home to talk about comming on board. Motivation: door openner for international contacts,: world bank, china, etc... Wolfram invited me to attend confrence to discuss K12
- H0riz0n 22:28, 10 September 2006 (PDT): Had a great chat with Leigh our newest advisor. He made my day when he said. "You need to pod cast... you rave!" Yea I cant write worth a damn but get me on the phone and video and I can hold my own with the best of them.
H0riz0n 17:43, 10 September 2006 (PDT): Added another volunteer. Sent out emails to board & trustee members around Ourmedia. Want to focus on getting K12 on a dedicated site.
H0riz0n 19:18, 9 September 2006 (PDT): Added 2 more volunteers. Worked on the information.
H0riz0n 02:36, 9 September 2006 (PDT): Been working on an email to Wolfram Group. Partners division. Also I have been thinking about the $200m freasibility study I want to do.
H0riz0n 08:29, 8 September 2006 (PDT): Added more detail to "what is wikitube" discuss--IQD section, made a call few calls. sent a few emails: Gary, Jeff Hans, Brinkely, Kenji (requested a meeting: potential door opener to Ward).
- Need to get more images up on the site.
- Need to get a real technical breakdown of Wikitube--remove the pie in the sky stuff. --(in progress)
- In general the site can be a heck of a lot better
- Suprised to see 500+ views today.
- Added a tentative advisor. Collin
H0riz0n 07:39, 7 September 2006 (PDT): Today I spent 4hrs fixing the links and sent a couple of email to stir-up interest. Ive been thinking a lot about what will be the most effective way to get this project going?
- spend time trying to house it in a university? MIT preferb
- go after for Angle groups for advisors--NOT funding? They have incubator groups that this may fit under.
- focus on the technical build side? and spend time recruiting coders?
- Focus on a established business group incubator? Wolfram etc...
- go straight to MS Foundations and other "visibles" and see what happs?
- keep focus on recuiting key advisors?
- focus on identiying NP partners and affiliates.
- focus on recuiting visual artist ... gaming company... to do mock ups of wikitube.
- H0riz0n 22:31, 6 September 2006 (PDT): I am currently mulitasking on a little bit of everything. Not limited to:
- wiki development
- IDing advisors and other that need to be invited to program
- research for business plan, other OIEs etc...
/Archive: October 2006